The Iowa Geothermal Association (IGA) is a non-profit Iowa trade association focused on advancing geothermal heating and cooling systems within Iowa and the Midwest. The Association was formed in 1989 as one of the early means of educating consumers and contractors about heating and cooling using geothermal technology.
Geothermal heating and cooling is a proven and extremely reliable method of delivering energy efficient, environmentally friendly heating and cooling to homes and businesses located in Iowa and neighboring states by using the earth's constant ground temperature to provide heating, cooling and hot water in both new and retrofit construction.
The association is comprised of those professionals actively involved in the industry through the proper design, installation, servicing or support of geothermal heating and cooling systems. The IGA has a long and proud history of encouraging ethical business practices by all of its members combined with consumer and contractor education. The IGA is a reputable source of information for anyone interested in geothermal heating and cooling systems and encourages its members to become IGSHPA Certified.
Iowa Geothermal Association
Membership features / benefits
- quarterly newsletters
- e-mail updates of critical legislative actions
- free listing on the “Find a Contractor” on the Iowa Geothermal Association (IGA) website
- link your company’s web site to the “Find a Contractor” site
- annual educational trade show
- training workshops and seminars
- opportunity to earn CEU’s toward state licenses requirements at conferences for discounted member prices
- consultation with utilities regarding geothermal rebates
- consultation with state legislators regarding laws favorable to the geothermal industry in Iowa
- consumer focused geothermal educational website
- partnerships with national organizations including Geothermal Exchange Organization (GEO) & International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA)
- participation at state & regional conferences including the Rural Electric Coop (REC) Conference and the Midwest Energy Efficiency Conference (MEEA)
- opportunity to participate on IGA Board through annual election process
- authorization to display IGA logo on your business communications including websites and business cards