Choose a Contractor
The Iowa Geothermal Association encourages you to seek out a high-quality Geothermal contractor for submission of a proposal for your building. When selecting a Geothermal Contractor, you should consider the following questions:
- Will he have the integrity to say no to my job if completing it would do me an injustice?
- Will he prepare a heat loss and heat gain calculation in accordance with accepted industry methods?
- Will he abide by applicable codes when installing a new or an add-on system?
- Will he clearly state contract terms and warranties in writing?
- Will he fulfill promises for delivery, installation, warranties, and servicing?
- Will he abide by established industry standards for safety, quality, and performance? What are those standards?
- Will he install and check the operation of all equipment according to manufacturer’s recommendations?
- Will he install or modify all air distribution systems according to recommended industry standards?
- Will he thoroughly acquaint me the customer with system operation, owner maintenance procedures, and steps that should be taken before calling for service?
- Will he make every effort to adjust promptly any cause of dissatisfaction?
- Does he stay diligently abreast of new service techniques and changes made available by manufacturers, the IGA, or others.
- Will he conduct himself in a professional manner at all times?
All Members of the Iowa Geothermal Association strive to conduct themselves by these standards. When you decide to pursue the services and products of our industry, we encourage you to seek out a member of the Iowa Geothermal Association and discuss these issues with him or her in person. You’ll be glad you did.